Project Iron Mommy: Month 13
Miles Run: 659.62
Longest Run: 20 Miles

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Pushing Uphill

Miles Run Today: 1.5 (with toddler in stroller)

Our BOB Ironman running stroller (pictured in the sidebar) weighs at least 23 pounds (those are the specifications for the current version which looks much updated from ours and probably means lighter).  My "little" man Oren weighs at least 32 pounds, per his two year well check which was over three months ago.  That means, when I push him around the block I am running with an additional fifty five pounds!  That is just a little (not admitting how little...) less than half my current weight.  Now I know that my dear friend Jaclyn (not me, the other one sillies...) runs with two boys with a double BOB stroller which means she's pushing well over eighty pounds.  But she's got a much higher tolerance for tough and for pain than I do as evidenced by her much more grueling pregnancies and willingness to do it all over again (the woman is nutso- I love her!).

Back to Oren and I.  This is tough.  Really tough.  Today I found myself pushing him up a slow rise in our neighborhood.  I was starting to feel very winded.  I could hear myself breathing.  And then I heard my son, that cute little toddler riding along with his legs criss crossed in front of him watching the yards pass by, ask, "Mommy walking?".  As in... Mommy, are you running yet?

This is fun, this is fun, this is fun, this is fun....

This is WORK!

1 comment:

  1. That's why it is called a "workout" and not a "funout!" Keep at it, my strong daughter!

    ReplyDelete