Project Iron Mommy: Month 13
Miles Run: 659.62
Longest Run: 20 Miles

Saturday, September 24, 2011

A New Race, A New Iron Mommy Challenge

I've reviewed, reflected and consulted my running husband.  We both want to register for a Halloween run and there happens to be two local events on separate weekends this year.  This offers the perfect opportunity for each of us to do a run while the other wrangles kiddos... allowing us to have our own cheering section/support team.

I'm excited to register for another event though I am still conflicted about distance.  I would really like to start cranking up the miles.  Unfortunately, I'm scared to screw up my knee and it definitely still feels really wobbly.  Instead of adding miles, I've decided to register for the 5k and push my two year old son!  I took the later of the two weekends, so my next race (the Plymouth Wicked Halloween Run) will be on Sunday, October 30.  My husband thinks this is a challenge equal to adding the miles for a 10k, but I think this will be a little more fun.  It is also very Project Iron Mommy appropriate.  I'm very excited to have Oren start seeing his mommy as an athlete as he already sees his Daddy.  He likes to point to runners when we see them outside and then talk about running with his Dad.  I haven't run more than twice with Oren and I know he loves getting pushed with his Daddy.  It will be particularly fun to do a Halloween run together.  We ran together as a threesome on Halloween last year but since Mara is too little to ride in the stroller, we'll divide and conquer!

Now I just have to find some time to start training with my little guy.  This should be interesting.  I'm now accepting all suggestions for our (easy to assemble!) Mommy/Son (Runner/Rider) Halloween costume!

1 comment: