Project Iron Mommy: Month 13
Miles Run: 659.62
Longest Run: 20 Miles

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Go!

"Before" Project Iron Mommy 8/10/11
It wasn't the run that I had planned, but I did get out the door and run a mile (ish) last night.  It was a really beautiful evening for a run; low temperatures, a little breeze and a lot of sunshine.  The second we got Oren to sleep, I took a sleeping Mara out of the baby carrier and quietly handed her to Tom.  I then threw on my running clothes and my new shoes (they arrived at 6:00 p.m. and I ran at 7:30 p.m., how is that for timing?) and headed straight out the door.  Tom had a lot of work left to do which erased my plans to head to a trail and instead I just ran in our neighborhood.  It was not nearly as nice to my legs as the trail would had been, but it was certainly familiar.

And a little hard.  Well, maybe not "hard" as much as really stiff.  I left my watch and GPS at home and did not worry about pace or distance but I was ok with just sticking to the neighborhood.  It felt good to be moving but it also felt good to be done.  I hate to admit how sore my quads are today- they are so out of shape if one mile has left such an imprint a day later!

Mara is just six weeks old today and I ran a mile yesterday.  For that, I'm quite proud.  As I keep telling myself when I'm up to my ears in two screaming little people, "It will only get easier".  That applies here, too.  I fit the run in and kept my legs moving.  I returned to the chaotic evening and screaming baby, wolfed down my dinner and didn't get a shower.  But, I ran.  Every project needs a solid start and I've officially taken those first steps.  Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Nicely done Sushi! You already know - baby steps!

    It does get easier (two kids and finding your sanity). And when you blink you'll find yourself with a baby who says your first name, just for fun. *don't blink :)

    ReplyDelete