Project Iron Mommy: Month 13
Miles Run: 659.62
Longest Run: 20 Miles

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Officially: IN TRAINING

I start training for the April 14th Martian Half Marathon (Dearborn, MI) tomorrow! My two practice weeks went well. I didn't get all four runs in, but I am up to three weekly runs from zero in December so I'm focusing on the improvement. I've purchased swim goggles and have been swimming with my family, but have yet to jump into the lap pool. The bike, unfortunately, hasn't moved an inch. And I managed to leave my Shuffle at the YMCA, clipped to a treadmill (still hoping to recover it). In spite of those details, I am ready to start this training plan! My "long" run is back up to 3.5 miles (yesterday) so I'll be ready to run four miles in a week and then to bust on past that in the next few weeks. I'm ready for some really long runs!

1 comment:

  1. Go Jaclyn Go! So out of shape I strained my left IT band so my hip is hurting and all I did was power walking. This is the same injury I got when last I ran Detroit half. Obviously a personal weakness.

    ReplyDelete