Project Iron Mommy: Month 13
Miles Run: 659.62
Longest Run: 20 Miles

Monday, November 7, 2011

Get Moving!

This time of year kills my mojo.  I really want to want to run, really, I do.  But by the time I have the time it is dark and cold and so very unattractive outside.  Theoretically, I could go in the morning.  (Insert sarcastic laughter).  Oh, it is just so hard to find the time and the interest simultaneously!

Ironically, I dislike (very much) running in hot weather so I actually appreciate cold runs (very much).  The problem is only in the getting out there part of the run.  Once I am Out There dressed the part and moving away from home and worries then I am instantly great.  The key is to focus on this fact hard enough to get body changed and Out The Door.

Haven't found the key to that step yet.  And as such, I only ran three times (total!) in the last two weeks.  Sigh.  I know!  I know!  After such a positive post about my fabulous consistency!  I know.

And once you start missing it is so hard to find a place to begin again.  You feel stuck in "I'm behind/I missed workouts/I'm out of shape/HowDoesThisGoAgain?!" place.  Not a fun place.

So.  Easier said than done but back on track I will be.

Step #1:
Longest run of the week will be done at the Y during the week instead of trying to find time on the weekend.  Weekend will be a short run that could be done with dog or kid, weather depending.

Step #2:
Keep fueling!  Halloween candy doesn't count!

Step #3
To bed, already!  Takes way more energy to motivate an exhausted mama than a well slept (minus middle of the night nursing sessions) mama.  Noted.

Will report back next week.  Peace, out.

2 comments:

  1. You wouldn't be human if you didn't struggle with motivation and fitting it in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get out there this week & think about next week - babysitters! Yeah!

    ReplyDelete