Project Iron Mommy: Month 13
Miles Run: 659.62
Longest Run: 20 Miles

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Back At It!

November just killed me.  I was having so much trouble even finding time to think about running that I considered throwing in the towel on this entire project.  More than once.

Exhale.

We got back from our family reunion in Las Vegas (with two sets of running outfits, totally unused) and had beautiful weather and three grandparents in the house.  Tom literally shoved me out the door last Friday.  I was happy to be moving but totally feel like I'm starting over again (because I am.... ugh).   I ran in the rain on Sunday and felt much more positive.

And then, tonight I somehow found the motivation to go to the Y after dinner even after a full day of kid entertaining and baby bouncing, even after the rain changed to S-N-O-W, even in the dark, even after my husband changed directly into his flannel pants and my mother in law reached for the ice cream.  STILL MADE IT OUT.  Sometimes, I impress myself.

I'm going to call it a do over.  I don't know if I'm still going to make it to ten miles by the end of the year without killing myself but I have to keep going.  Thinking positive!  December, bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment